Thursday, July 02, 2009

About helitack

I spent a couple of hours the other day watching a wide assortment of videos about helitack operations, mostly on youtube. I learned a lot about what helitack means through these videos. I will be including some of these videos in this post as well as my upcoming posts.

In composing my upcoming posts on helitack I will rely less on the written word and more on videos, pictures, and other internet resources.

I don't know about you, but I think that one picture or video is worth a thousand words. Enjoy this video, "Craigmont helitack 2007".

2 comments:

Graydon Galloway said...

Nice to see some of the guys I work with every summer on your blog. I'll have to check out some more of your articles.

Random Ramblings NJ said...

Graydon,

Thank-you so much! It is nice for me to hear from you that have seen some of the guys you work with every summer here. The videos that you guys and gals put together of your wildfire seasons and post to youtube are important. I would encourage you and your friends to continue doing so if you are so inclined.

As I said, one video is worth one thousand words. A thousand words that I would be hard put to write!

Stay safe!

Tyler