Sunday, June 27, 2010

Major Fire in the NJ Pine Barrens: Cedar Bridge Fire

I was out of town for a few days, back today, and only just found out about the Cedar Bridge that is burning in the NJ Pine Barrens. I'll write more about this tomorrow.

From what I understand it has burned about 800 900 acres in Barnegat Township NJ, see a map of the approximate location here (courtesy of the Press of Atlantic City). and is 70% contained As of 1600 hrs on 6/27 it is 100% contained. It is in a remote area, so no evacuations were necessary.

The NJFFS Section B-10 website has a brief note about the fire and some links to photos and an article from the Press of Atlantic City. A thread on wildland fire with situation reports may be found here and another thread with other discussions on the Cedar Bridge Fire may be found here.

A brief report from CBS-3 in Philadelphia may be found here.

I believe that I have summarized the latest information about this fire and its containment. I'll make a follow-up post if I get new and updated information.

No comments: