Monday, May 28, 2012

What's been up and what is up next

Regular readers of this blog will know that I have been writing a series of articles based on my recent visit to Downstown Aero Crop Services. I have also been involved with another project that will keep me occupied for the next ten days or so. You may have noticed that I have not written a lot about all the wildfire activity going on elsewhere in the U.S. and Canada. However, I have been paying attention to wildfire activity. For example I know of the Banner Fire in San Diego County that has burned 5,321 acres and is at 90% containment today with full containment expected later today.

I also know of the Whitewater-Baldy Fire, and have read Bill Gabbert's recent report on this fire. At the time of this writing, I know that they Whitewater-Baldy Fire has burned over 122,000 acres in New Mexico.

The T.R.E. fire that many were reporting on last week has been contained, see this InciWeb page for more info. The Gladiator Fire (AZ) has burned 16,240 acres and is at 45% containment as I write this.

For those of you who come to this blog looking for information on wildfires currently burning in the U.S. and Canada, I have just added a page to my blog with the tentative title of Looking for Wildfire Info?.

As for multi-engine tanker activity, I know that these tankers have been involved in most of these fires. As have helos.

I will be continuing with me series of articles based on my visit to Downstown through next week. Be assured that I will be revisiting Downstown's operations from time to time in the future.

No comments: