Wednesday, July 02, 2014

New Hampshire Wildland Firefighters honor fallen AZ and CO wildland firefighters

A report from WMUR in New Hampshire came across my desk yesterday. Wildland Firefighters in New Hampshire honored the 19 fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots (Yarnell Hill) this past Monday, and will honor the  14 fallen South Canyon wildland firefighters on July 6. It was not my intention to post another tribute, as I made my tribute the other day. I have strong ties to New England, so I was very touched when I read the report and watched the video (which I can not embed here). So, I wanted to share the report with you. If you are so inclined, please take about three minutes to watch the video and read the report.

WMUR on honoring 19 who died at Yarnell Hill

For all of you traveling the coming holiday weekend here in America, stay safe.

2 comments:

John Stepancic said...

Having spent the last 12 years of my life learning to better understand the operations and tactical measures applied in extinguishing Wildland fires its difficult not to be affected when such tragic news is posted. We all here at BioCentral Australia extend our heartfelt condolences to all those champions who lost their lives in the service for a greater cause. Respectfully...

Random Ramblings NJ said...

John, Thank-you for your post.