Wednesday, August 06, 2014

About grass fires

Over the course of the years that I have been writing about aerial wildland firefighting, I have heard a lot about grass fires. So, when this video came across my desk a couple of weeks ago, I knew that I had to watch this 25 minute  training video from the Wildland Fire Lessons Learned Center. I have a new appreciation for the dangers of wildland firefighting, whether a grass fire or a fire in another fuel. In addition to learning how wildland firefighters stay safe while fighting grass fires, you will hear about an entrapment that did not have a good outcome and you hear from another wildland firefighter who was burned in a grass fire share his experiences.I share it here out of respect for what all wildland firefighters do to help protect us from wildfires.



direct link to video

No comments: