Monday, October 20, 2014

Flying today -- east central Pennsylvannia

It has been awhile since I wrote about my scenic flights. I have a few great pilots that take me on this scenic flights. Today I went flying with a pilot I met about six weeks ago. A few weeks ago, we flew up to northwestern New Jersey, almost into New York and followed the Delaware River down south to our home field. I learned a valuable lesson on that flight. Wear dark clothes and put away the aviation charts. When we flew the Delaware River, I had an aviation chart in my lap. Long story short, a reflection of the chart showed up in my photos, ruining most of my pictures.

 Today, after three or four cancellations due to bad weather, we finally flew to Wilkes Barre PA and followed the Susquehanna River south before flying east to return home. This time I had my chart in a black folder on my lap. Most of the photos are of the Susquehanna.

It was a great day to go flying, calm winds aloft, nice fall colors, and the restoration that comes with flying. My pilot and I had a great time. I came back feeling restored, as I always do after I spend time in the air.

Central PA, east of Wilkes Barre.

Central PA, east of Wilkes Barre.

Wind Turbines, Central PA, east of Wilkes Barre.

Wilkes Barre PA, Susquehanna River

Wilkes Barre PA, Wyoming Valley Airport, Susquehanna River

Wilkes Barre PA, Susquehanna River

Susquehanna River, Central PA

Susquehanna River, Central PA

Susquehanna River, Central PA

Susquehanna River, Central PA

Sunbury PA, Susquehanna and West Branch Susquehanna Rivers

Sunbury PA, Susquehanna and West Branch Susquehanna Rivers

Susquehanna River, Central PA

Susquehanna River, Central PA

No comments: