Friday, October 17, 2014

Rebuilding historic fire tower in Utah

Those men and women who staff fire towers play an important role in spotting wildfires. The New Jersey Forest Fire Service has several fire towers around the state. My interest in fire towers started when I passed fire towers while hiking some trails in Northern New Jersey and in the Pine Barrens. When I go flying courtesy of one of my pilot friends, when I know that a fire tower is near our route, I'll look for them, they are good visual reference points

I have known that other States use fire towers, so when I ran across a nice video on the NJ Forest Fire Service Section B10 video of the week page (updated weekly) today on a fire tower in Utah that has been restored, I just had to share it with you.

direct link to video on youtube

No comments: