Friday, April 17, 2015

A little frivolity on a so far quiet Friday afternoon in Northern NJ

Between being out and about for about three hours yesterday afternoon then setting up my new iPod nano, I did not have much time to listen to the NJ Forest Fire Service Division A online scanner feed. Thanks to a friend, I know that Division A (northern NJ) had a busy day yesterday, and fortunately the brush fires were small. I also understand that there were only a few small brush fires in Division B (central NJ). I don't know about Division C (south Jersey). I have been listening to the NJ Forest Fire Service Division A online scanner feed for about two hours so far. As I write this entry, at about 4:15 PM EDT, it has been a quieter afternoon in Division A.

On a more frivolous note, I leave you with a couple of links that you might enjoy.

For those of you who are Star War fans (the new Star Wars movie is due out on December 18), you might be amused by what Japan based All Nippon Airways (ANA) is doing by checking out this ANA special webpage. Yes they have a new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner that will have its first flight this autumn. Be sure to take a look around on the ANA special webpage.

Now I know that some of you are from New Jersey and I hope that you enjoy this nice photo gallery from the Star-Ledger of historic trains, trolleys, cars, and airplanes from locations around New Jersey. I saw a couple of photos from towns where I have lived or towns that I am familiar with. Those of you who are not from New Jersey I hope that you enjoy the photos as well. Especially if you like, as I do, old trolleys and trains. Most importantly and to the point of this blog, there are a few very cool photos of historic aircraft that I thought some of you might enjoy: Vintage photos of planes, trains and autos in New Jersey from Greg Hatala of The Star-Ledger.


No comments: