Friday, April 15, 2016

Prescribed burning in Delaware Water Gap (NJ)

Over the years that I have been writing this blog, I have grown to appreciate the role of prescribed burning. I was intrigued when I learned of this video a few days ago from the folk at the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area highlighting their recent collaboration with NJ Forest Fire Service wildland firefighting crews to use prescribed burns to get rid of invasive plants .

While I don't know exactly where the prescribed burn was, as someone who walks some of the trails as my somewhat arthritic knees allow, I have seen invasive plants in my wonderings over the years. So, I appreciate the work that was done. I enjoyed the video and I thought that you might enjoy the video as well. And if you are ever in New Jersey or nearby eastern Pennsylvania, please drop by and visit the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, it is a beautiful area.



Direct link to video on Facebook

No comments: