Friday, November 14, 2008

Interlude: what I am reading

I am continuing to read Norman Maclean's Young Men and Fire about the 1949 Mann Gulch Fire. I am almost done. I have gotten side tracked with some other tasks that had to be attended to that took me away from my reading and writing.

I am hoping to finish Young Men and Fire today. Then I am going to go back and reread the chapter in John Maclean's (Norman's son) book, Fire and Ashes where he returns to Mann Gulch with the only survivor, Robert Sallee. This is the book I checked out of my local library almost one month ago and have just renewed it. After I reread that chapter, I will post some reflections here. But it may not be right away. I may take a couple of days to gather my thoughts before posting.

So stay tuned.

No comments: