Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Oct 29 snow storm: thanks to utility and forestry crews!!


As a friend of mine said to me recently, power restoration in New Jersey and elsewhere was a massive effort.

Focusing on NJ, I want to pause a moment to say thank-you.


Thanks to all the forestry crews who did the tree work. Some of you work for my town, county, and state. Others of you work with the utilities. And I'm sure that others of you came from out of state to help us out.

Thanks to an unknown number of private utility contractors.

I only know about utility crews from out of state from the JCP&L twitter feed and some references in local media. Thanks to utility crews from:

Pennsylvania
New York
Indiana
Georgia
Florida
Mississippi
North Carolina
Louisiana
Delaware
Alabama
South Carolina
Michigan
Kentucky
Wisconsin
West Virginia
And anyone else I didn't list here.

Last and by no means least, I want to thank the utility crews from Jersey Central Power and Light (my utility) PSE&G, and Orange and Rockland Utility. I live just a couple of miles from a JCP&L location so I saw for myself the bucket trucks congregating at that location, including JCP&L crews.


To my meter reader, I know that you were there doing whatever it is you do help the guys in the bucket trucks repair the electric lines. I know you are not stringing wires and the like, but I know that you provide whatever assistance that is within your abilities. Thank-you!

To those working customer service, answering telephones, thank-you!

Last week, I had a chance to thank someone from one of the forestry crews for their efforts. Just this morning, as I was taking the photo that you see above, a JCP&L employee came out to his truck. He saw me and wondered what I was doing. I told him about my blog, and about this post thanking all the utility workers who helped restore power. I thanked him. I told him that I was sorry that I was not able to get a photo of someone in a bucket truck doing repair work, but it wasn't possible. I went on to tell him that I did want to get a photo of a bucket truck for the article, the one you see here from JCP&L. I wish that I'd been able to get a photo of a bucket truck from an out-of-state utility, but I passed you on the road last week.

I may not have been able to get a photo of you working, but I'm here to say that I know you were here. Not only have I seen a lot of your bucket bucket trucks, but I have seen the repairs you made.

Thank-you!

No comments: