Wednesday, February 05, 2014

A-26 Tankers in Canada: Operators -- Kenting (part 2 of 13)

I learned about three companies in Canada that flew A-26 tankers from the 1970s through the 2000s: Kenting, Conair, and Airs Spray (see List of Douglas A-26 Invader operators). Before I begin, let me say that there may well be other companies or individual operators that flew A-26 tankers in Canada during this time period that I am unaware of. 


I first came across Kenting Aviation when I read Firebombers into Hell by Linc Alexander (214-17, 227-33, 235-245). He spent a couple of years working for Kenting Aviation, based in Ontario, acquiring two A-26 Tankers in the early 1970s. He wrote about one fire season where he was based first in Fort McMurray Alberta and then in High Level Alberta. High Level, according to Linc is the northern most tanker base in Alberta. Much of the time he was in High Level it rained (Alexander, 2010, 235-45). Kenting sold both of their A-26 tankers to Conair at the end of the 1973 fire season (see the article I wrote on August 7 for more information).

No comments: