Sunday, June 18, 2006

Trees

I have been thinking of sticking my toe into the world of blogging for some time now. I am not quite sure where I am going to go with this particular blog.

When I started this blog, I gave it the temporary name of treehugger in honor of my special relationship with trees. This special relationship goes back to when I was a small child seeking sanctuary in the higher reaches of the Norway Spruce trees next to our house. What seemed like a forest to a six-year old was probably only two or three trees. But they were my friends. And others have joined the ranks of my friends as the years rolled on.

I drove by that house several years ago and noted that the trees were gone. But they live on in my heart.

Today I live in another house in another state and a few decades have passed since I was six. I have a couple of Norway Spruces along with several other trees in my yard. I no longer climb trees. Being somewhat heavier than I was at six, I think that my friends appreciate that I love them from the ground.

I have since changed the name of this blog to random ramblings. Somehow this name seemed more fitting

No comments: