Sunday, October 01, 2006

Fall is my favorite time of year except . . .

Fall could be my favorite time of year. The weather in September and October, even into early November can be very pleasant. Like today, temps will be close to 70, nights are cool and crisp. The early morning chill gives way to moderate temps by mid-day. On a day like today, I would, at most, wear a long sleeve shirt as a stand-in for a light jacket.

The one thing that I don't like about Fall are my allergies. What I try to remember as a sometimes moan about the inconvenience of my allergies is that, all things considered, I don't have it so bad. If the worse thing that happens to me is that I suffer from sinsus congestion, I am a lot better off than many people who are in far worse health than I.

And then there are the baseball playoffs which start this week which is always a special time of year for this baseball fan.

Today is the last day of the baseball season, and some the playoff spots are still up in the air.

No comments: