Saturday, July 19, 2008

Update on basin complex fire as of 7/18/08 PM

Kelly O'Brian, the author of the Life in the Fire Lane blog, who is also affiliated with KUSP radio (NPR) reported last night that the danger is not over for the residents of Jamesburg and Cachagua CA. These are the areas where the mandatory evacuations were lifted Wednesday night (July 16), and downgraded to a voluntary evacuation.

In an interview with Rick Hutchinson of CAL fire, Rick reported that the danger is not over for residents of Cachagua and Jamesburg. Specifically, they may have to go back to a mandatory evacuation at much shorter notice than the last time. The interview may be found here.

As I write this it is just past 11 AM EDT on Saturday, July 19. I checked my usual sources on the internet and have no later updates.

Kelly lives in Jamesburg and my friend lives in Cachagua.

I'll keep you updated .

No comments: