Friday, October 10, 2008

Condor Chick survives Basin Complex Fire

I am starting to poke around on the various websites that I was following last July when I wrote about The Basin Complex Fire in Los Padres National Forest. One of the blogs that I heard of in the course of my wonderings is a blog called the firefighter blog. The blogger is Capt. Mike, ret(ired), and my take is that he is a retired fireman. I never really checked out his blog in July, rather I decided to go back to this blog at a later time.

The time has come for me to check out this blog, which I am in the process of doing as I write this. I found this interesting post: From the ashes; Condor chick survives The Basin Complex Fire including a you tube video from the Ventana Wilderness Society reporting their discovery of the chick.

I am awed by the tenacity of nature, how nature -- in this case a Condor Chick and parent(s) -- survived the fire. Nature does find a way, if we let her.

Since I have been promising to post some follow-ups about what is going in Los Padres National Forest following The Basin Complex Fire, I thought that the story of the Condor chick is a good place to start.

No comments: