Thursday, January 14, 2010

FAA has ground stop on flights to Toussaint L'ouverture Inter. Airport

Much thanks to one of my pilot friends who helped me find some info from the FAA website confirming a CNN report that I saw earlier that flights to Toussaint L'Ouverture International Airport (MTPP) have been suspended. I looked around, but could not find confirming information from the FAA until my friend pointed me in the right direction.

Here is what my friend pointed me to. If you go to this FAA webpage, you will see a map of the country showing some of the major airports. The purpose being so you can easily find flight delay information. So, I clicked on the dot for Miami International Airport,and saw this information:

Delays by Destination:
* Due to AIRBORNE INVENTORY, departure traffic destined to MTPP airport will not be allowed to depart until at or after 01:00 UTC.

I clicked on the dots for several other airports, Newark, Washington International, Teterboro, Logan in Boston and saw the same information. You can also find this same information on Flight Aware's webpage for MTTP (Toussaint L'Ouverture International Airport), this page may be found here.

As I write this, it is a almost 7:30 PM EST, which means it is 12:30 AM in London. If I am thinking about this correctly, UT is universal time where UT is the time at the Greenwich meridian which runs through Greenwich England. I've been to Greenwich and its observatory, it is across the Thames River from London. If you are interested, go here for information on the current time in time zones around the world.

No comments: