Monday, June 28, 2010

T-44 overshoots runway at Jeffco - crew uninjured



When I got back home yesterday, I had four e-mails from friends telling me about that Neptune Aviation's T-44 overshot a runway (or a taxiway??) at Jeffco Airport (aka Rocky Mountain Metro Airport) in Broomfield Colorado on Saturday, June 26. I am happy to say that the media is reporting that the pilot and co-pilot walked away uninjured. Early indications are that there may have been a hydraulic problem that led to brake failure.

Air tanker operations from the tanker base at Jeffco were suspended after the crash on the 26th. Tanker operations from Jeffco resumed sometime on Sunday, June 27th.

Kudos to the pilot and co-pilot!!

The video that I embedded here is from 9News (kusa) in Denver Colorado (from their 10 PM broadcast on June 26). Bill Gabbert of Wildfire Today reports here about the removal of T-44 (Sunday, 6/27) from the road where it came to rest crashing through a fence and the resumption of air tanker operations on Sunday, June 27.

June 29
Those of you who pay attention to such things will notice that I had originally posted links to four articles about the T-44 crash that my friends sent me while I was away. Much of the pertinent information in these articles duplicates information reported on in the video that I embedded above. For example, one of the articles is the text version of the 9NewsDenver video that I embedded here. In the interest of brevity, I am deleting links to these articles. I am also deleting a link to a video that more or less duplicates information from Wildfire Today that I have already linked to.

I remain very grateful to my friends who kept me informed while I was away. You are the best!

No comments: