Friday, November 26, 2010

Thank-you Linc

I loved reading Linc's book, Fire Bomber into Hell, and I enjoyed interviewing him to share with you here. In the course of the two years that I have been writing about aerial wildland firefighting, I have often wondered what it was like to sit in the cockpit of a fire bomber. Regulations prohibit fire bombers, at least in this country, from carrying passengers. Yes, I understand the safety, legal, and liability concerns inherent in such regulations. Reading Linc's book did take me in the cockpit. Thank-you. I experienced the joys, and the dangers in flying fire bombers. I grieved at the loss of his friends. I laughed at some of his stories. I experienced the beauty of places in northern Canada that I have never seen.

And if someone were to ask me,

"what is it like to fly fire bombers?"

I can say read Fire Bomber into Hell by Linc Alexander.

No comments: