Thursday, May 05, 2011

MAFFS training in Boise Idaho

I saw in an article earlier today about the C-130 MAFFS training that is currently on near Boise Idaho when I saw this wildlandfire hotlist thread linking to an article from the Magic Valley News (with pictures). A little later, a friend of mine who lives near Boise wrote me telling me that the C-130s have been putting on quite an airshow in the Boise area for the last couple of days.

Then as I was in the process of signing on here, I saw that Bill Gabbert had written an article about the MAFFS training here also referencing the article from the Magic Valley News. I learned from Bill's article that the National Interagency Fire Center has a face book page where they posted photos.

Tomorrow I will posting my fourth article in a nine-part series (was eight parts, but decided to split one article into two) based on three days that I spent watching the annual inspection of a Cessna 172P. Tomorrow's article is on the battery service. As I post the rest of the articles in this series over the coming weeks, I am keenly aware that fire season is already upon us in parts of the U.S. and elsewhere in the world, so I will be keeping my eyes open and my electronic pen in working order.

2 comments:

Rickfirefight said...

Training went well , USFS , CAL Fire , BLM, PARK SERVICE, National Guard Job Well Done by all. R.Nunez MABS USFS Fire Captain

Random Ramblings NJ said...

Rick, thanks so much for sharing that the training went well. Stay safe out there everyone!

Tyler