Monday, March 02, 2015

A little about the history of California smokejumpers and their aircraft

Between going outside and working on some ice that is or was blocking the underground pipe that drains one of my gutter downspouts I have been reading more about the Smokejumper program. I had been hoping to make a post today, perhaps the first of a few posts, but I am running out of time today. I will return tomorrow with some more information.

But in the meantime, I thought you might enjoy reading some information that I found on the California Smokejumpers-Redding wepage. They have a lot of great information, and I have spent at least one hour, perhaps more, looking at various pieces of information. I will point you to three items that I read this afternoon:

Development of Smokejumping in the U.S.
How the California Smokejumpers Began
California Smokejumper Aircraft

No comments: