Friday, September 22, 2017

More from the Geronimo Hotshots (from 2014)


The Geronimo Hotshots from The Atlantic on Vimeo.

I have shared a few videos in years past showing the Geronimo Hotshots in action. They usually do a video at the end of the fire season. And since the 2017 fire season is still ongoing as I write this post, it is too early for the 2017 Geronimo Hotshot Crew video. However, in my wonderings just now I found the video from the Atlantic showing the Geronimo Hotshot crew in action, uploaded three years ago (2014). 

To the Geronimo Hotshot Crew, where ever you are as I share this -- be it working a fire, waiting for another wildfire assignment, or perhaps finishing up the season and preparing to go home to your families -- I hope that all are safe. Thank-you for what you do to keep us safe from wildfires.  I am reassured that if we in New Jersey and environs ever needed a hotshot crew and you got the call that you would come and help us.

And of course, the same goes for all Hotshot crews.

Thank-you Geronimo Hotshots, all hotshot crews, and all wildland fire crews (federal and state) for your service. Many of you spend months away from your friends and families. Working wildfires is dangerous work. Stay safe. Know that you are appreciated!

No comments: