Friday, October 26, 2018

What's coming up, and airtankers & helicopters


Over the years that I have been writing this blog, I have often found myself thinking about various concerns relating to wildland firefighting. 


To that end, for the last couple of months I have been thinking about Fire Weather Watches and Red Flag Warnings issued by the National Weather Service (NWS) along with other advisories, watches and warnings that the NWS issues. In a couple of months, I am hoping that I will have an article addressing some of these and related issues that I will put up as a separate page on this blog. I have found that articles such as this can take quite a bit of time, and this one will be no exception. I am having fun working on this and I am learning a lot. I expect that I will make a post when this is done. I don’t want to give a time frame here that I can not meet. I’d like to have the page up before the Christmas and New Years holidays. But it might be longer.

The other project that I want to do is to revise my Airtankers 101 page which is somewhat out of date. This may not happen until sometime in the winter. 

In the meantime while I have been working on these and other projects, my thoughts are never far away from the wildland firefighting, whether it be on the ground and in the air. To that end, please enjoy some videos of aerial operations.


Carr Fire (July 2018)



DC10 Tanker (2017)



SEATs (2011, this may be a rerun and if so it is worth watching again)

No comments: