Wednesday, April 05, 2023

2023 Wildfire Season: Brushfire in Baltimore County MD

For several years when I was a teenager and young adult I lived in Maryland and went to high school in Baltimore County, Maryland, so I when I learned of a brush fire in the Soilder's Delight Natural Environment Area in Owings Mill (Baltimore County), I knew that I wanted to write a post about this brush fire. The good news is that the brush fire that burned approximately 700 acres on April 4th was contained last night. Evacuations of 29 nearby residences were in place. This was an eight alarm fire with the assistance of the Maryland Forest Fire Service. See this April 5th report from WBAL for more information. 

The video below, also from WBAL, is a report from yesterday afternoon featuring a Baltimore County Fire Official.


Direct link to video from WBAL TV11 on YouTube

No comments: