Monday, June 19, 2023

2023 New Jersey Wildfire Season: Acorn Hill Wildfire (Burlington County, Brendon J. Byrne State Forest)

June 19, 6:30 PM


Direct link to video from CBS Philadelphia on YouTube


Here we go again. There is another major wildfire burning in New Jersey. The Acorn Hill Wildfire was reported this afternoon near Coopers Rd. in the Brendon J. Byrne State Forest. At the time that I am writing this at 6:30 PM, the New Jersey Forest Fire Service (NJFFS) is reporting that the 200 acre wildfire is at 60 percent containment. NJFSS crews are doing backfiring operations.


As you can see from the short video that I embedded to start off this post, CBS Philadelphia is covering the Acorn Hill Fire, their lates report may be found here. I learned about this wildfire from my friends at NJFFS Section B10 just after I read about the wildfire on NJ Advance Media in an article written a couple of hours ago (when I accessed this article it was not behind a paywall). Another media outlet covering this fire is News 12 New Jersey, their article may be found on this webpage.

No comments: