Direct link to July 28th video from NBC News on YouTube
I knew from my newsfeed that wildfires are burning in Spain and France. The July 28th video that I shared above provides a nice overview of these fires.
I just heard a nice report from NPR about this fire, unfortunately I am unable to link to that report, but there is a July 29th report on the NPR site that I can link to, the NPR report may be found here.
In this post I am referring to the July 29th article on NPR linked to earlier. Evacuations in France continue with at least 60,000 residents evacuated as a precaution. This may be the among the largest peacetime evacuations in French history. Total evacuations in France and Spain total approximately 330,000 people.
In Spain, 79,000 people evacuated over the weekend and evacuation orders for 20,000 were lifted Tuesday night with stay-at-home orders lifted for an additional 14,000 people.
Fire fighters on the ground in France and Spain are being assisted by aerial firefighting aircraft.
No comments:
Post a Comment