Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Texas Wildfire update #2

Some footage from CNN (dead link removed on 10/21/16) of the fire burning near possum Kingdom Lake, TX. You will see a C-130 MAFFS at the beginning of the footage and Neptune T-11 towards the end. A street sign is fitting -- hellsgate.

correction - (posted on April 23, 2011 and revised on April 24, 2011)
In the video when you watch T-11 making a drop, the reporter refers to a tanker dropping fire suppressant. I believe that the proper term is fire retardant, not fire suppressant. I tend to use the phrase fire retardant not fire suppressant. However, at this point it is not clear to me that the phrase fire suppressant is improper usage. I'll try to spend some time reading up on this issue and write something to follow-up on the usage of fire retardant v fire suppressant at some point in the not to distant future.

Update on October 21, 2016: the link to the CNN that I shared here is no longer valid and I have removed it. 

No comments: