Sunday, April 03, 2011

Crystal Fire - Ft. Collins CO

There is a 2,000 acre fire burning in the Fort Collins area of Colorado. I believe, but am not certain that at least one heavy tanker has worked the fire since the fire started on Friday. Winds may have grounded the crews last night and there was a storm that went through mid-day today that also may have grounded aircraft. I understand that it was quite windy last night.

inciweb on Crystal Fire
Wildland Fire hotlist forum on Crystal Fire
Wildfire Today on Crystal Fire
slide show from channel 9 in Denver (no longer available)

Here is a report from a station local to Fort Collins (channel 9), I'm not certain about the date of the report. For those who are interested, there is some fire footage. It is a little over 20 minutes. They are reporting on damage to structures and evacuations are in place. Precipitation is in the forecast. At the time that I first wrote this blog article in April 2011, Channel 9 in Fort Collins CO had a great 20 minute report on this fire. I only just realized on September 5, 2017 that the video is no longer available so I have deleted the video.


No comments: