Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Air France 447 - update on investigation (5/27/11)

Some of you know that I have made a couple of posts about the investigation into the fatal crash of Air France flight # 447 off of the coast of Brazil on June 1, 2009. You may find a preview of a Nova (PBS) investigation and link to the Nova site for the full episode here. I wrote a brief article on May 16, 2011 about the recovery of the flight data recorder and the cockpit voice recorder.

On May 27, 2011, the BEA (France), who have been investigating the crash released a "note" with some early facts based on their analysis of the flight data recorder and the cockpit voice recorder, the english version may be downloaded here (with a link to a pdf file). The BEA has a page indexing their press releases, briefings, reports, etc on the crash of AF 447 that may be found at this location.

I meant to mention this May 27th BEA note a month ago, and failed to do so. I do so now and refer you to the note that I linked to above without comment. I have certainly learned a lot in following this crash. I am not in a position to say more than that, at least at this time. Doing so could do more harm than good.

Perhaps all I can do is to continue to use this space to refer you to updates from the BEA in France as they become available.

My thoughts and prayers continue for the families, friends, colleagues of those who died in the crash. I also offer my thoughts and prayers for the people of Brazil and France as well as all those who participated in the recovery operations this past spring.

No comments: