Wednesday, September 17, 2014

California wildfires

Boles Fire in Weed, Siskiyou County, Califonia

I first learned of the Boles Fire in Weed California last night from some friends. Very sad. One hundred fifty homes destroyed. As I write this, according the CAL FIRE Boles Fire incident page the Boles fire has burned 375 acres and is at 25 percent containment. I'd like to thank Bill Gabbert of Wildfiretoday for his usual outstanding reporting, I got the video from the article that Bill first posted on September 15th the Boles Fire (which he updates), which is where I learned about the video that I am sharing here. 

King Fire, Eldorado County, Eldorado National Forest, California 
The King Fire has burned 18,544 acres and is at five percent containment according to this CAL FIRE incident report on the fire. CNN has a video report on the fire that may be found here (article and video accessed on Sept. 17). Bill Gabbert reported on a fire shelter deployment at the King Fire here, all CAL FIRE firefighters are accounted for with no reported injuries. 

I understand that tankers are or were working both the King and the Boles Fires.

Here is a video of one of the DC-10 tankers working the King Fire. The video was posted by the NWS in Sacramento CA, video credit to Jason Clapp:


No comments: