Monday, July 13, 2015

Video of CAL Fire Aircraft working a fire, RC Aircraft Club stops flying

One of the things that struck about the video that I am sharing below is that I believe that the footage was shot on the grounds of a radio control aircraft strip during an airshow they were having the weekend of July 11th and 12th 2015. The video said "CDF Cal Fire at the SCCMAS RC Air Show. When I searched for "SCCMAS" on my search engine, I came up with a website for the Santa Clara County Model Aircraft Skypark which I believe is an organization for radio controlled (RC) model aircraft. What impressed me is that according the information about the video, they shut down their RC aircraft operations while CAL FIRE aircraft were dropping on a near by. So, in addition to sharing some nice footage of tankers dropping, I applaud the SCCMAS for stopping their airshow while CAL Fire aircraft and ground crews were working the fire.


direct link to video on youtube

No comments: