Wednesday, February 10, 2016

2015 Soda Fire ESR - more on Sagebrush Steppe Ecosystem and the Sage Grouse

As I continued to do my background reading and research on the 2015 Soda Fire post-fire recovery Emergency Stabilization and Rehabilitation I gained an appreciation for the sagebrush steppe ecosystem and at the same time frustrated because I felt, and still do, feel like there is a lot that I don't know about that ecosystem and the greater sage-grouse and other wildlife that live in and depend on the sagebrush steppe ecosystem. I wrote a little about the greater sage-grouse and their preferred habit in my November 27, 2015 article.

Somewhere, I don't quite remember where, in the course of my wonderings on the internet doing background research for my current series of articles on the 2015 Soda Fire ESR I found this link for a May 2015 episode of the PBS Nature series called the Sagebrush Sea (about an hour playing time). I learned a lot about the sage-grouse on their habit, and I thought that you would enjoy watching this episode.

Enjoy!

Updated on May 2, 2016, 4 PM EDT to remove possibly incompatible video embed code. You should be able to use the supplied link from PBS (above) to watch the video.

No comments: