Friday, February 26, 2016

Thank-you New Jersey Forest Fire Service

I have been writing this blog on aerial wildland firefighting (and related issues) for just over seven years now. During that time my respect and admiration for the men and women of the New Jersey Forest Fire Service along with the contract aircraft has increased with each passing year. They do a great job keeping us safe all year round, and not just during the wildfire season. For example, I believe that they helped out across the state during post-storm recovery from severe weather events such as Hurricane Irene and Super Storm Sandy.

Please join me in thanking the New Jersey Forest Fire Service. Thank-you everyone!

I recently found this New Jersey Forest Fire Service Tribute on youtube (uploaded in March 2010) by awolfpack343. Great photographs of current and older equipment.


Direct link to video

No comments: