Monday, June 01, 2009

helicopters with buckets

I have a great deal of respect for the work that helicopters with bambi buckets do in working wildland fires, initial and extended attack. Many state fire agencies, including my own state, have helos with buckets that are used in wildland fire fighting. For all of you firefighting helicopter pilots, thank-you for all you do.



I like the video (embedded above) because you can see the operations of a helicopter with a bucket, as could be used for firefighting operations, up close and personal, so to speak. I believe that this is a military helicopter, and that the video is showing bucket training operations.

I found this youtube video a few days ago, shot during the 2008 Humboldt fire near Chico CA. There is some awesome footage of a helicopter and bucket working the fire as well as a shot of tanker 910 (DC-10).

Here is a link to some of my earlier posts on helicopters.


No comments: