Friday, June 19, 2009

How to fly a helicopter

I have what I believe will be one more post to make in my series of posts about the Erickson AirCrane. Today got a little complicated and I am trying to do some fact checking before making that last post. So, stay tuned, it will come, I promise. In the meantime. . .

As a part of my background reading and research on helicopters, I was checking around on the internet for materials on how to fly helicopters. Now, I also happen to now someone who is a helicopter pilot, George. George does not fly firefighting helicopters, and he is a wonderful teacher and mentor. He knows his stuff.

Anyway, George has been helping me learn about helicopter flight performance. In the course of my e-mails with George, I sent him some of the materials that I found on the internet about flying helicopters. I asked him which one was the best of the group of four or five that I sent him. He said that the best is the youtube video that I have embedded below.

Thank-you George!

No comments: