Thursday, May 10, 2012

Bravo 1 (AT-602) at Coyle Field on April 25, 2012
A couple of weeks when my friends at Downstown were flying me back to my home airport after my visit to their base at Downstown Airport the pilot took me a tour of some of portions of the NJ Pine Barrens including some cranberry bogs which I'll write about in a few weeks when I write about Downstown's agricultural spraying operations.

About a third to half way through the flight, the pilot flew over Coyle Field, circling the field so I could take a photo of Bravo-1, the Air Tractor 602 that was on contract in New Jersey Forest Fire Service Division B (central NJ) from April 2 through May 9, 2012. I have to say that I was thrilled to able to see her as we flew over Coyle, sitting on her ramp, her pilot and other ground support personnel close by.

Good-bye Bravo-1. You are the last SEAT to go off contract here in NJ. You and your friends, the other SEATs, did good work flying fires during the spring fire season in NJ. You will be missed, but I know that you will soon be off to other adventures doing agricultural spraying operations. And either you or Charlie-1, the other AT-602, will be available to fly should the State declare a wildfire emergency.

No comments: