Friday, May 31, 2013

Powerhouse Fire (Southern CA)

While I have not posted recently about wildfires burning in southern California, I was aware of both the White Fire which is now 100 percent contained, having burned 1,984 acres in Santa Barbara County and the Magic Fire which burned 149 acres in Valencia (LA County). I was just reading about the Powerhouse Fire on Bill Gabbert's blog Wildfire Today. I understand from Bill's latest update at 8:15AM PDT this morning, the fire has burned 1,500 acres at 15 percent containment. 

I also went to KCBS in Los Angeles where I found a very nice photo gallery:

Finally the Wildland Fire Hotlist has a thread for this fire that may be found here.

Note on Sunday, June 2: I had embedded a video from MyFoxLA reporting on the fire earlier on Friday morning which has since been taken down. I just provided an update on this fire that may found here.

No comments: