Sunday, June 02, 2013

Powerhouse Fire (Southern CA) - update #2

I just accessed a report on the Powerhouse Fire from Inciweb, reporting that the fire has burned 19,500 acres in steep terrain with 20 percent containment. Inciweb also reports that eight airtankers including one of the DC-10 tankers and eight helicopters have been working the fire. Evacuations have been ordered and an evacuation center has been set up.

I believe that the video embedded below from KCBS is dated late Saturday night, June 1 and the details reported may have changed. I include it because they had some nice footage of the fire.

direct link to video from CBS Los Angeles

LA Times article on Powerhouse Fire (June 2 at 8:53 AM PDT)

Bill Gabbert of Wildfire Today continues to provide updates on the Power House Fire here. I had heard on my local radio this morning that some structures have been destroyed by the Power House Fire. Thanks to Bill's reporting, I found a link to a story from KABC in Los Angeles reporting on that some structures have been lost, the story may be found here and KABC has a photo gallery of the fire.

No comments: