Friday, December 05, 2014

Southern California rains: update on 12/5/14

I believe that this will be the final update that I will be making on the rains that California experienced this week (December 2 through 4). I have the Facebook Page for the San Diego office of the US National Weather Service bookmarked. When I went there this morning, I saw a nice graphic that they had posted mapping rainfall totals (3-day observed rainfall ending 12/4/14 at 5 PMPST) for portions of Southern California (go here to see the rainfall graphic). Here are some of these rainfall totals:

San Diego: 2.53 inches
Ramona: 1.3 inches
Riverside: 2.46 inches
Los Angeles: 1.32 inches
Chino: 2.82 inches
Palomar Mountain: 3.55 inches

I was also curious about mudslides. I found this report from MyFoxLA (with video) on December 4th about mud slide conditions in the LA area: An area of the Pacific Coast Highway north of Malibu (Ventura County) reopened on Thursday, 40 people in Riverside County were rescued after being stranded by flash flooding and seven homes on Gilman Springs Rd in San Jacinto CA (north of Hemet) were evacuated due to the risk of another mud slide.

Here is a report from early in the day on December 4 from MSN on the storms effect on the State of California.

Finally I close with two articles from the LA Times:

No comments: