Friday, August 07, 2015

Wildfire in Southampton NJ (25 acres)

A shout out and thank-you to my friends at the B10 NJ Wildland Fire Page for giving me a heads up about the Hall Swamp Fire that burned 25 acres near the border of Southampton and Pemberton Townships (Burlington County). Section B3 from the New Jersey Forest Fire Service worked the fire. I believe that the fire was reported early morning on August 5th. By late in the day on the 5th, the fire was contained. At the time that I write this, the B10 NJ Wildland Fire Page has a report on this fire on their front page in a section called Current NJ Wildfire Activity about 1/3rd of the way down the page. I don't quite know how long my friends at the B10 NJ Wildland Fire Page will keep the report on thier front page, depending on when you are accessing this article, the report may no longer be on their front page.

I have not seen any media reports about this fire, which doesn't mean there are none. It just means that I have not yet been able to find any media reports. If I do find some media reports on this fire, I'll update this article.

No comments: