Monday, March 21, 2016

Campbell Mountain Fire (British Columbia) July 2014

I have a couple of irons in the fire so to speak, and am not quite ready to post on either at the moment. I have recently been reading women in the United States and Great Britain who flew aircraft during World War II in service to their country as civilians. I am not ready to post about this at the moment, but those articles will be coming in a few weeks, depending on how the spring fire season in New Jersey develops.

Just today, I got interested in some of the nuances of fire weather forecasts in the United States, I am still reading and learning, As we are in or near the spring fire season in New Jersey, I hope to have something to say about this sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, here is a nice video with footage (including helos with buckets and an air tanker) working the Campbell Mountain Fire in British Columbia, Canada in July 2013. Enjoy.


Direct link to video on youtube

No comments: