Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Boeteler Fire (NC) - Incident Meteorologists talking to Middle School students

In my wonderings to find the daily news on the wildfires in the Southern United States (see my November 14th article for informational links you may use) I went to the Facebook Page for the Boeteler and Nantahala Branch Fires (in Western North Carolina), I came across an eighteen video of the Terry Lebo, the Incident Meteorologist assigned to the Boeteler Fire discussing a weather balloon launch with Hayesville North Carolina Middle School Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics students.

I like this video because of the interaction between IMET Terry Lebo and the Middle school students. Seems to me that they are just the right age to be interested in the balloon launch and to learn more about meteorology. In addition, at least some of these students may live in areas affected by the wildfires. I am glad that IMET Lebo got a chance to meet with these students and it looked like they were thrilled to watch the balloon launch. I learned something and I hope that you do as well.

Note, after you hit the play button, you can stop the video, if you wish, by clicking on the image.



direct link to Facebook Post with video

No comments: