Friday, November 18, 2016

How wildlife are affected by Boeteler-Nantahala Branch Fires (NC)

I was doing my daily check on the wildfires that are currently burning in the Southern United States (see my November 14th article for links you may use to find information about these wildfires), when I ran across a great short video shared by the folk who run the Boteler Nantahala Branch (NC) Facebook Page. I don't know about you, but I am always interested in how wildlife are affected by wildfires burning in or near their habitat. In this short video, you will hear Johnny Wills, a wildlife biologist for the Nantahala National Forest in North Carolina speak on how local wildlife are affected by the wildfires burning in the Nantahala National Forest. I certainly learned something.



Direct link to Facebook Post with video

No comments: