Friday, June 02, 2017

Florida 2017 wildfire season - tribute to wildland firefighters

Many of you who are regular readers of my blog know that I have a special place in my heart for Florida. As I can, I have been following the 2017 wildfire season in Florida. According to the Wildland Fire Division of the Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services (updated regularly to reflect current wildfire conditions), there have been 2,377 wildfires that have burned 233,923 acres in Florida from January 1 to May 29, 2017. The Florida Forest Service has a Facebook page where they have reported on wildfires. I hope that you join me in pausing to thank the man and women who have worked hard fighting wildfires in Florida in 2017.

Thanks to my friends at the B10 NJ Wildland Fire Page (video of the week, changes weekly) I learned about the following video about the Florida 2017 wildfire season, dedicated to the wildland firefighters that have worked wildfires this season. You will see some footage of tankers and helos working wildfires in support of the firefighters on the ground.


Direct link to video

No comments: