Monday, October 30, 2017

Footage from wildfire near Lake Elsinore CA

I came across 45 minutes of footage from KTLA 5 in southern California late last week. The footage, which I think was streamed live on KTLA 5's facebook page was shows footage of the Wildomar Fire, shot on October 26, 2017. The wildfire was burning in the mountains of southwest Riverside County California near Lake Elsinore and Wildomar.

I know that 45 minutes of footage might be a little long for some of you. I don't watch as much livestream footage of wildfires as I used to.

Some highlights of aerial operations:

  • At about 13 minutes there is a couple of minutes of close-up footage of T-910 (DC-10) circling near the fire.
  • T-910 starts the drop run at about 21 minutes 20 seconds.
  • Footage of a Sikorsky Sky Crane over the fire.
  • Two drops from a Sikorsky Sky Crane (#716) at about 25 minutes 40 seconds and 37 minutes 20 seconds.
  • Close-up of a lead plane at about 36 minutes 25 seconds


No comments: