Friday, January 26, 2018

2017 fire season: Alaska

I came across this video sometime in the last couple of weeks, perhaps from my friends at B10 NJ Wildland Fire Video of the Week page. I then came across the video again while on Youtube earlier this weeks perusing other wildfire related videos. I believe that the video, a 2017 fire season highlight video created by Micah Booze, shows an Alaska wildland firefighting crew.

Note the female pilot in the helicopter. Nice footage of helicopter operations including some shots from inside the helicopter. I enjoy all fire season videos by crews. I especially enjoyed this video for the great shots of aircraft working wildfires and the footage in a part of the country that I have not been to. Along with a shot of a little critter scurrying along the ground.

Allow about five minutes to watch the video.


Direct link to video by SmokeyLens by Booze on Youtube

No comments: