Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Neptune Aviation Tankers with some SEATs

I have been writing this blog on aerial wildland firefighting for almost ten years now. I began writing about wildfires in fall of 2008 moving into learning about and writing about tankers and helicopters used to fight wildfires in early 2009. When I was first wrote about airtankers in 2009, among the tankers that I first learned about were Neptune Aviation's P-2V tankers and Aero Union's P-3 tankers. Both of these contractors had Exclusive Use Contracts with the US Forest Service in those days. The US Forest Service terminated it's contract with Aero Union's P-3 tankers in August 2011.

Neptune Aviation is still around but the last of their Lockheed P-2V Tankers retired at the end of the 2017 season. Neptune Aviation started flying BAe-146 tankers a few years, now their entire tanker fleet are BAe-146 tankers.

For no particular reason, I have been thinking of the Neptune Aviation tankers that I have known, the now retire P-2V tanker and the BAe-146 tankers. So I am sharing some videos with you today, with some SEATs thrown in. Gotta love the very versatile SEATs.


Direct link to video


Direct link to video


Direct link to video


Direct link to video


Direct link to video

No comments: