Wednesday, March 27, 2019

More on Himawari 8

I continue to be interested in Himawari 8 out of the Meteorological Satellite Center of the Japan Meteorological Agency which I first wrote about on March 13th. I am in the process of doing some doing some reading about Himawari 8 on the internet. I hope, but am not certain that at some point in the future I will be able to write a little more about Himawari on this blog. I understand that yes, Himawari imagery can show good imagery of wildfires (or bush fires). Here is a 4 second clip of Himawari 8 imagery of a November 2018 bush fire in Queensland Australia.


direct link to video

While I am continuing to try to learn more about Himawari 8, I thought I'd share some imagery from Himawari 8 of Super Typhoon Mangkhut that devastated the Philippines in September 2018. Here is an article from the BBC and a write up on Mangkhut on Wikipedia


direct link to video

No comments: