Friday, March 15, 2019

New Jersey: prescribed burns (March 14th)

I am happy to follow-up on the post I made the other day about the start of prescribed burning season in NJ, see my March 11th post for more information about  the New Jersey Forest Fire Service's (NJFFS) prescribed burning program along with a couple of short videos. I saw a report yesterday, March 14th, about prescribed burns that the NJ conducted in five central and southern New Jersey counties. I am looking forward to hearing about prescribed burns in my part of New Jersey, it may still be too wet. As I  have in prior years, I will be making periodic posts about NJFFS's prescribed burns.

Thank-you to the NJFFS wildlife service for doing these prescribed burns and for all you do to keep us safe.

Atlantic County
Estell Manor City, Peaslee WMA  (Tuckahoe Rd./1st Ave.)

Hammonton, Wharton State Forest

Galloway, Stockton University

Burlington County

Washington, Wharton State Forest  (Washington Tpk.)

Woodland, Parker Preserve

Cumberland County

Maurice River, Peaslee WMA  (Estell Manor Road)

Maurice River, Peaslee WMA  (Cedar Branch)

Maurice River, Peaslee WMA  (Cedar Branch/Cow Road)

Middlesex County

East Brunswick, Jamesburg Park

Ocean County
Barnegat, Warren Grove  (Rt. 539)

Barnegat, Greenwood WMA (Rt. 72 & 532)

Berkeley, Hovnanian  (Audubon)

Lakewood, Ocean Co. Park  (New Hampshire Ave.)

Jackson, Colliers Mills WMA  (Stump Tavern Road)

Jackson, Colliers Mills WMA  (W. Veterans Hwy.)


No comments: