Friday, May 10, 2019

Time for some helos, May 2019 edition

Every so often I like to share videos of helicopters used to fight wildfires. I have always liked watching helicopters, whether it be through a video or the times I have seen and heard one flying over head. Once in awhile I have seen one from the right seat of a Cessna 172 while on a scenic ride. I saw a CH-47 once about four years ago that was about 1 to 2 miles away crossing in front of us. That was pretty cool, but in the pbotograph I took it was smaller than the size of my fist. Oh well.

About five years ago, my good friend Matt died too young. Matt loved helicopters and was quite knowledgeable. We had fun talking helos. He had model helos that he used with his young sons.

Matt, I share this videos today in your memory. I know that you are flying in favorable tail winds.

Enjoy!

Bambi Buckets

Direct link to video

Bell 212

Direct link to video

NJ Forest Fire Service Takeoff, Augusta NJ Airshow

Direct link to video

No comments: